Europe's rural regions face a number of social challenges, in particular the ageing of the population, the brain drain and unemployment. Social innovation is becoming increasingly important for the development of sustainable solutions. There is a clear need to adapt business support infrastructure and measures offered by regional or local authorities to the particular needs of social enterprises.
The DelFin project will promote social entrepreneurship in rural regions facing particular transformation challenges linked to the progress of economic and social innovation.
The rural territories participating in the project are Piemonte (IT), Saxony Anhalt (DE), Hajdú-Bihar (HU), Duga Reza (CZ): they will work together to improve financing systems in support of social entrepreneurship.
The aim of the project is to support actions to develop and consolidate a financial ecosystem, supporting social enterprises in rural areas.
The project is organized in several activities, including:
- analysis of the possibility of creating infrastructures to support the growth of social enterprises;
- analysis of how to improve public support tools for social enterprises, also through the involvement of private investor;
- development of pilot projects in the areas involved to test funding schemes and tools to support social entrepreneurship;
- organization of capacity building seminars, mentoring and coaching activities for the development of the business and financial model, support to networking, etc.
The areas involved will develop specif action plans to ensure sustainability of the action.
In addition, the areas involved will be provided with action plans to ensure sustainability and integration of project results.
• Merseburg Innovation and Technology Center / DE
• Hajdú-Bihar County Government / HU
• IFKA Public Benefit Non-Profit Ltd. for the Development of the Industry / HU
• Town of Duga Resa / HR
• Brodoto / HR
• Giacomo Brodolini Foundation / IT
• Finpiemonte / IT